ASF Group (ASX: AFA) is an ASX listed investment group based in Australia. The Company was formed in 2005 as a Sino-Australia investment house with a focus on identifying investment opportunities in Australia and connecting these opportunities to selected contacts in China.
Uniquely among ASX-listed public companies in Australia, ASF is a creator and facilitator of two-way cross-border investments, trade and technology transfers between China and Australia.
Chairman of ASF Group is Ms Min Yang who has developed a key network of major Chinese resource, property, trading and strategic investor partners.
Min Yang and her team of financial and investment specialists based in Australia and in China, have the knowledge and expertise to identify and transform early-stage Australian investments into value-added deliverable projects in Australia.
These investments and projects are either retained to reap an increase in value over time, partially disposed or sold to monetise the initial investment outlay.
This is evident through a number of completed deals which have focussed in the areas of property, resources, oil & gas,energy, listed investments, travel and financial services.
In line with its strategy, ASF continues to investigate opportunities in a range of market segments in order to identify and take advantage of key early-stage opportunities as they arise.
Key Business Partners
A number of key business relationships which ASF has created and developed include:
- China State Construction Engineering Corporation (CSCEC) – a state-owned enterprise with construction and real estate as its core business.
- China Communications Construction Company Limited (CCCC)-China Communications Construction Company Limited is one of the largest port construction and design companies in the world. Listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange, its core business is dredging and land reclamation having completed 100+ major ports, harbours and land/seabed reclamation projects.
- China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd. (CHEC)-China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd. (CHEC) is a world-renowned international contractor that is a subsidiary of China Communications Construction Company Ltd (CCCC). CHEC has 50 overseas branches and offices with business activities covering more than 80 countries and areas. CHEC has over 8,000 domestic and international employees to undertake 10 billion USD worth of projects.
- China International Marine Containers (Group) Ltd. (CIMC)-China International Marine Containers (Group) Ltd. (CIMC) is a world leading supplier of logistics and energy equipment, headquartered in Shenzhen of China. CIMC is dedicated to supplying high-quality and reliable equipment and services, including containers, vehicles, energy, chemical and food equipment, offshore, logistics services, airport facilities, etc. The prosperity of the businesses is supported by both CIMC Finance Co., Ltd. that provides professional capital management and by CIMC Financing Leasing Co., Ltd. that offers finance solutions. As a diversified multinational industrial group that shoulders the mission of global serving, CIMC has over 300 member enterprises and 3 listed companies in Asia, North America, Europe, Australia and others, and extensive customers and sales networks covering more than 100 countries and regions. In 2014, 60,000 excellent staff delivered sales revenue of RMB 70.071 billion and net profits of RMB 2.478 billion.
- China Coal Geology – a Chinese state owned business with assets of RMB800 million which is engaged in coal, metals and minerals development and investment.
- China Huaneng Group – one of China’s five largest power conglomerates.
- China Real Estate Association (CREA) – was established in Beijing, China in 1985. CREA is a China-wide non-profit professional real estate organisation with over 2,100 members including businesses and institutions engaged in real estate development and operations, market transactions, brokerage, construction and property management; as well as local real estate associations and relevant individuals.
- Heilongjiang Geological Institute – a comprehensive survey and research institute.
- Fujian Materials – a bulk materials, commercial and logistics handler.
- E-House – is a leading real estate services company in China, which include sales agency services, online real estate services, real estate information and consulting services, real estate advertising services, real estate promotional event services, secondary real estate brokerage services and real estate investment fund management services.